If you’re planning a career in a multinational company or your dream work description defines fluent English as a must, job interview in English is a logical step you will take. These are some questions and suggested answers for you to practice in advance.
Tell me about yourself
- I’ve graduated from the University of …
- I’ve worked for xx years as a …
- I’ve worked for …
Why should we hire you?
- You should hire me because I’m responsible and…
- I’m a perfect fit for this position because …
- I think I’m a great match for this position.
What are your strengths?
- I’ve always been a team player.
- I believe my strongest trait is my attention to details.
- I pay close attention to my clients’ needs.
- I’m good at problem solving.
Describe your weaknesses
- I always try to solve my problems myself instead of asking a colleague to help.
- I am a perfectionist.
- Sometimes I have trouble delegating duties to others.
Tell me about your professional background
- I have XX years of experience as a …
- I studied at the University of XX (if you haven’t had any work experience).
- I worked for XX as a …
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- I’m aiming to improve my skills as a …
- I believe your company is an important player in its industry.
- I feel my skills set is a perfect fit for your team and I can contribute by …
Is there anything else you’d like to discuss?
- How soon do you expect to make a decision?
- Do you have a training and development program?
- What are our next steps?
If your dream job requires a specific level of English, take our free English speaking test to find it out.